If you've decided to report incidences to law enforcement:
- Be prepared.
- Bring organized printouts to the police station.
- Be able to explain the situation fully, but also succinctly.
- It’s ok for you not to know the fine details of the law.
- Ask questions.
- If possible, have someone with you. You’re going through something very difficult, possibly embarrassing. Having support is helpful.
- Take notes.
- Record report numbers, officer names, and follow-up instructions.
- Get copies of reports or report receipts.