Online privacy is always important and, possibly even more so, if you are the victim of cyberbullying or online harassment.
To protect yourself as best as possible:
- Keep private information private.
- Full birthdate
- Current location
- Home address
- Phone number
- Vacation plans
- Embarrassing photos or information
- On all public social media accounts, think twice before posting personal content.
- Do not tag your underage children or your friends' underage children in public posts.
- On personal Facebook pages, keep your post privacy set to friends only or use a custom setting of friends with exclusions.
- Consider turning off other people’s ability to post on your pages.
- If you want to keep your online behavior private, do not like or comment on other accounts' posts that are public.